Wisconsin Child Welfare Federal Plans
Wisconsin must submit annual state plans for use of federal child
welfare block grant funds, including Title IV-B Subparts I and II,
Child Abuse Neglect and Treatment Act (CAPTA) and Chafee. The annual
state plan identifies planned uses of federal funds for the Federal
Fiscal Year (FFY) and provides progress reports on prior year
activities. The Child and Family Services Plan includes Title IV-B
and CAPTA and beginning in FFY 2005 includes Chafee. Wisconsin also
must submit a Title IV-E state plan for foster care and adoption
assistance. The IV-E plan is updated on an as-needed basis to
document state compliance with federal IV-E policy requirements.
- DCF is currently reporting on the progress on goals in the CFSP for FFY 2010-2014. The next Child and Family Services Plan will be developed for FFY 2015-2019.
- Considerable information and progress on child welfare activities was achieved through collaboration and consultation with local agencies, tribes, and other key stakeholders as part of workgroups and committees as part of the State's child welfare program and is incorporated into the APSR report.
- A draft of the FFY 2014 Annual Progress and Services Report is posted below for comment beginning on May 22, 2013 through June 5, 2013. This is an opportunity to provide additional information or comments concerning our mutual efforts on behalf of children and families.
- The draft is based on this year’s federal program instructions, which were received on April 11, 2013.
- The final document, including cover letter, budgets, and attachments will be routed to the DCF Secretary’s Office June 10-21, 2013, prior to final submission to the federal regional office by the due date of June 30, 2013.
Instructions for Submitting Public Comments
on draft FFYs 2014 – Annual Progress and Services Report
You may submit written comments on Wisconsin’s draft Annual Progress and Services Report for Federal Fiscal Years (FFYs) 2014 by either of the following two methods:
By mail to:
Bureau of Safety and Well Being (BSWB)
Division of Safety and Permanence (DSP)
Department of Children and Families (DCF)
125 S. Webster Street, Room P10
Madison, WI 53708-8916
Or by email to:
For each comment that you submit by mail or email, include:
- Page number in the draft FFYs 2014’ s Annual Progress and Services Report that your comment relates to;
- Your comment; and
- Your suggestion, if any, of changes needed in the draft to address your comment.
Comments submitted by mail or email must be received by June 5, 2013 in order to ensure the comments are considered for revisions to the draft.
Wisconsin Child and Family Services Plans
2014 Draft Report for Comment (PDF, 1,953 KB)
2013 (PDF, 642 KB)
(PDF, 639 KB)
(PDF, 865 KB)
(PDF, 1,983 KB)
(PDF, 1,967 KB)
(PDF, 1,250 KB)
(PDF, 1,378 KB)
Title IV-E Plans
Contact us if you have questions
regarding the report.
May 23, 2013