Wisconsin Child Welfare Statistical Graphs and Reports
A list of child welfare reports providing statewide and local agency child welfare performance summary data pertaining to child permanency, safety, and well-being. Included with each dashboard is supporting data documentation in pdf format. A child welfare dashboard archive library is also available.
- Access Dashboard provides cumulative information related to Access screening decisions and trends in Wisconsin for the calendar year.
- Number of Screened-In Reports - Counts of screened-in reports showing Statewide, Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare, (BMCW) and Balance of State totals in pdf format. Includes previous months through 2008.
INITIAL ASSESSMENT (IA)
- Initial Assessment (IA) Timeliness and Workload Dashboard provides data on performance in Initial Assessments in the most recent month and in six month trends, including workload detail.
- The annual Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) Report provides information on reports of abuse, neglect, victims, and maltreaters for a calendar year in pdf format. Archive reports are available starting in 1999.
- Placement Stability Dashboard presents statewide and county summary information related to placement stability as a result of the measurement of two or fewer placements per episode.
- Re-Entry Into Out of Home Care (OHC) Dashboard provides statewide and county summary data pertaining to children re-entering OHC within 12 months of reunification with parent(s) or living with relatives.
- Out-Of-Home Care (OHC) Discharges are three dashboards currently available pertaining to children discharged from Out-Of-Home Care (OHC). They provide summary information specific to legal permanence, adoption, and aging out.
- The Permanency Monthly Statistics include the count of children at the end of the month by county in pdf format. The trend graph displays placement counts for BMCW, BOS, and SNAP on the last day of the month for the last 6 months. Archive statistics are available through January 31, 2008 although county specific data is available starting with January 2011.
- The annual Out-Of-Home Care (OHC) Report provide statewide and county specific counts of child demographics, placement settings along with entry and exit information for a calendar year period in pdf format. Archive reports are available starting in 2006.
Provider Performance Based Measures are three dashboards currently available pertaining to contract placement providers by agency category. They provide a performance evaluation of identified measures.
- Caseworker Contacts Dashboard provides cumulative information related to monthly caseworker visit requirements in Wisconsin for the federal fiscal year to date.
- Child and Parent Needs and Services Dashboards: As a result of the most recent federal Child and Family Services Review (CFSR), Wisconsin has developed a strategy to improve family engagement and well-being. Specifically, to analyze Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) data to identify gaps in well-being services and subsequently generating recommendations for the improvement of those services to children and parents in Wisconsin.