Mission and Goals
The Mission of the Department of Children and Families is to improve the economic and social well-being of Wisconsin’s children, youth and families. The Department is committed to protecting children and youth, strengthening families, and supporting communities.
Our five overarching goals are:
- Children are nurtured, safe and engaged
- Enhance prevention and early intervention efforts throughout Wisconsin
- Families will have access to quality early care and education
- Parents will secure and maintain meaningful jobs
- Fathers will be more engaged in the lives of their children